10/03/2018

I've Been Called Worse

I'm a little late with my DT card for Splitcoast Stampers color challenge this week.  My dog had to go to the vet twice already so I've been a little distracted.  Hopefully she is on the mend!

The challenge this week is Old Olive, Fresh Fig and Pumpkin Pie with Halloween as the "dessert."  What perfect colors for Halloween!
I purchased this stamp and die set last year from Simon Says Stamp mostly because of the sentiments - they are great and the three hats are a cute bonus.

For this card I water colored the background in Gray Granite and then used a stencil and sponge dauber to add the stars, also in Gray Granite.  I wanted the look to be loose so I water colored the images in the challenge colors and Basic Gray.  Even though the one hat is black, black ink would have been too harsh.  And the Gray Granite has a definite brownish cast while the Basic Gray ink is pretty neutral.
I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black.  This is my favorite ink for a good, solid sentiment, which I knew I needed over this gray.  Its a bit "thicker" or "stickier" in feeling when you stamp but it does a great job.  It can leave photopolymer  stamps a little stained - but not much. 

Before die cutting and adhering the hats (I used foam dots), I added Wink of Stella to the stars.  Then when the card was assembled I added iridescent sequins and star sequins for even more sparkle.

If you came to this page from Splitcoast Stampers - thank you!  If you didn't I hope you join us this week for the color challenge

Stamps and Dies: Simon Says Stamp If the Hat Fits
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Fresh Fig, Pumpkin Pie, Gray Granite, Basic Gray
Sequins: 28 Lilac Lane Fairy Sparkle
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment