10/18/2018

3-D Thursday - Hat's Off to You Birthday Card

Three-D Thursday is back and Happy Birthday Ed and Anushka!  It's my husband's birthday as well as my "adopted" daughter's birthday today!  She is a very good friend of my youngest daughter and when she realized she shared Ed's birthday she started calling us Dad and Mom.  It stuck and we love having her as part of our family!  This is her card - I'm still working on my husband's.  (To be fair I'm writing this on the 16th!)

I love making interactive cards.  My cards are my birthday presents for a lot of my friends so I try to do something special.  This card uses the Double Slider Surprise die by Lawn Fawn.  I LOVE this die - so many fun things that you can do with it! 

I've had the Hat's Off and Party Animal stamp sets for a while and never used them but decided it was perfect for this type of birthday card.  This card was so much fun to make.  I picked out some colored papers and went from there.  The coloring was quick with minimal shading but works with the fun nature of the card.  The card itself does not open.  I mounted the slider pocket to a base using foam tape.  This makes it easier to pull the tab.

I'm using the same die for my husband's card - I'll post that when I'm finished!

Die: Lawn Fawn Double Slider Surprise
Stamps and Dies: Lawn Fawn Hats Off to You, Party Animal, Holiday Party Animal
Paper: Stampin' Up! DSP paper stack
Ink: Stampin' Blends and Copic markers

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment