7/27/2023

Blended Hummingbird

We have another Team O challenge up at Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Jeanie gave us a fun board that is perfect for summer.


I chose the middle row across - ribbon or twin, die cuts, embossing. This was a hard board for me in some respects; I had so many ideas I couldn't decide what to do. On the other hand I knew that whatever I did it would work!

The Hummingbird is a fairly new die (for me) and part of a larger Spellbinders collection of which I have a few pieces. I had so much fun with this card I went and purchased the two missing sets (one stamp and one die) to complete it. I love hummers and this makes some gorgeous cards.

 

For the bird I decided to color him with inks using blending brushes. Normally I like Distress Oxide inks because they blend so easily. But they tend to be a bit dull which would not do here. So I used Altenew inks. I love how they blend and they come in "families" - variation of a color that seamlessly go from one to the other. Not all inks physically blend well - some get blotchy  - but these are very smooth.

I also laid out the embossing folder a bit differently. This is a 6 x 9 inch folder with a floral frame. Since it is so large I offset the flat part to not be directly in the center. This allowed me to position the bird better and the sentiment is not smack-dab in the center as the focal point. I cut a bird in white and used that for positioning everything. I've saved that bird with the dies for future use. Having a "positioner die cut" is really helpful, especially with a shape like this bird that curves around.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Can You Handle the Pressure

Triple B Challenge

Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies

Products used: All Spellbinders, except ink - Altenew

  • Dies: Bibi Cameron Hummingbird & Lily
  • Stamps: Hummingbird Sentiments
  • Embossing Folder: Four Petal Floral 3D EF
  • Inks: Teal Cave, Aqualicious,Dew Drops, Shaded Creek, Grass Fields, Rubelite

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hummingbird die cut, so nicely shaded Jeanne! And what great texture in your beautiful embossed white background framing her! Thanks for having me as Guest DT this week! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. The hummingbird is beautiful. I saw it on the CYHTP blog and had to stop by and tell you. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your embossingfolder. What a great background for the nice hummingbird.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne... this card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hummingbird is so pretty. I like the ink blending you did and it's perfect on the embossed white background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this hummingbird looks absolutely gorgeous! Such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an incredibly beautiful card. Your hummingbird is colored so wonderfully. The embossed background is the perfect setting for your hummer, and the twine is the perfect finishing touch. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete