7/13/2023

Flower Shaped Shaker Card

We have a fun board this week from Team O at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.


 

I played the bottom row across - Gingham, Floral, Insect

This shaker uses the Newport Flower Fold-It die from The Stamps of Life. Making the shaker for this card isn't exactly tricky but it's not something you want to mess up. Trust me.

The top outline (and the foam stacked underneath) are cut with two dies - an inner and out one that you align as opposed to one outline die. I taped my two dies together, cut the pink outline and the foam then untaped my dies and used the larger one to cut my acetate. I assembled the pieces while talking to my daughter on the phone. However I was distracted and forgot to put the acetate between the foam and the top piece! I knew I'd never get the exact same distance again for the outline so I couldn't just cut another pink outline.

Fortunately glue takes awhile to dry on the foam and I was able to carefully peel the top off. I guess I need to either make more shaker cards so I don't NEED to think about it or not talk on the phone while assembling.

I'm also entering this in the Triple B, Birds, Butterflies & Blooms: July Challenge.

Products used:

  • Dies: The Stamps of Life Newport Flower Fold-It and Newport Flowers dies
  • Stamps/dies: TSOL moredragonflies2stamp
  • Accessories: Pearls, Wink of Stella, various sequins and shaker bits

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun shaker and it doesn't look like you had any issues at all putting it together :)

    ReplyDelete