7/24/2023

Gingerbread Joy

It's the final color challenge for July at Splitcoaststampers. The dessert option this month is Christmas in July. We've had some traditional colors and some not-so-traditional colors this month. This week's colors fall into the "maybe yes, maybe no" for a traditional Christmas.

They are Polished Pink, Mossy Meadow and Gold. The pink threw me off just a bit and I started thinking about poinsettias because I love them and they come in pink. I shifted to making a stocking shaped card since I have a fold-it in that shape and it would go very quickly. But then my Spellbinders order came in.....

I collect anything gingerbread themed for Christmas. I have cookie jars, ornaments, candles, etc. and of course tons of stamps and dies! This die is the club die this month at Spellbinders. I joined the club just to get it. (It also comes with a gnome if you are into those.)

I used an embossing folder in the background that reminds me of a Christmas tree to add some texture without color. The pink plaid makes the stocking a little more interesting and for my twinkle (and gold) I added gold glitter dots as the berries.

In keeping with the color challenge I could add neutrals (the brown of the gingerbread) but not another green. To achieve some contrast in the leaves I inked up Mossy Meadow cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink and got a darker shade. I will make more of these for a few friends but will use two different colors of green.

I've also entered this in the following challenges:

Can You Handle the Pressure

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge (+ optional Twinkle)

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #76 - Gingerbread Treats

 

Products Used:

  • Dies: Spellbinders Stocking Full of Joy (Large Die of the Month July 2023)
  • Embossing Folder: Spellbinders Scattered Christmas (Embossing Folder of the Month Oct 2022) 
  • Paper/Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Polished Pink, Basic White, Polished Pink DSP, Gold foil
  • Accessories: Gold Glitter Dots

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

3 comments:

  1. From the embossed background, to the stocking, to the pretty palette, your card is lovely! The highlight for me: the adorable pair of gingerbreads! So incredibly sweet! Thank you for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I think the colour palette is delightful and your card is so beautifully put together. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Carol and me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink! I may need to borrow idea!!

    ReplyDelete