4/05/2022

Tuesday Color Challenges

My first card today is for the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Our host this month is Bhavya who started us off with colors perfect for a floral image.

I’ve been using a lot of die cuts lately - I feel I don’t have the time to do coloring and die cuts are so much quicker.  This card is made with the Wreath builder dies from Stampin’ Up!.  I’ve used this die set quite a bit and it’s one of those “keep forever” items in my craft room.   For my flower centers I used opalescent gems.

My second card is for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge where Mary gave us Misty Moonlight, Old Olive and White with any additional color for dessert.
 
My card here just evolved.  I decided to use the Paradise Palms stamp set but what I had originally thought about looked NOTHING like this.  After trying out the embossed background in the Crumb Cake (it was going to be white), I thought it needed a little something more so I added the shells, linen thread and faux sea glass.  

I suppose my dessert is Coastal Cabana (the sea glass) since all the other colors I added are neutrals and allowed by the challenge.  The distress inks I used on the shells are matches for the challenge colors and Coastal Cabana.

Products used:
 
Card 1
  • Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Shaded Summer 
  • Dies: Stampin’ Up! Wreath (from the Arrange a Wreath stamp and die bundle)
  • Cardstock: Soft Succulent, Polished Pink, Garden Green
  • Accessories:  Opal Rounds
Card 2
  • Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Paradise Palms
  • Dies: Stampin’ Up! Layering Squares and Stitched Shapes
  • Ink: Old Olive, Misty Moonlight, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, DO Antique Linen, Speckled Egg, Bundled Sage (used to shade the shells)
  • Cardstock: Basic White, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: Coastal Weave embossing folder, linen thread, Faux Sea Glass Shapes
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love you pretty spring wreath Jeanne and wishing I was in your little corner of paradise right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delighful wreath, Jeanne. I just love these sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful wreath. Your color choice is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete