4/07/2022

Design Decisions and Cards for Music Lovers

I have several themes that I collect for card making.  One of them is music.  I have many music lovers in my life - from musicians to concert buddies.  Music themed cards seem to be perfect for anyone.  My first card today I made this weekend “just because.”  It’s going to a friend of mine who plays guitar.

I was at his house last week and he commented that he had seen my cards on his wife’s iPad and thought they were beautiful.  I’m guessing he was looking through her Instagram account since we follow one another and that is where one would see all my cards together.  I thought it would be fun to give him his own card.

This card uses The Stamps of Life Diamond Flip-It with Hidden Panel, You Rock sentiment die and their Guitars2play stamp and die set.  It also uses Honey Bee Stamps Rockstar Sentiments.

My second card I made last fall for my husband’s birthday.  We went to a Rolling Stones concert the day before so I thought this particularly fitting.  It uses the same stamp and dies and the Side Pop Out Card Base from TSOL.
The coloring on the guitars is fairly simple.  Deciding on the colors for the cards like these is what takes me the most time.  These fun fold cards rely on patterned papers to make the elements “pop”.  So you need to have a good combination of patterns AND colors.  There needs to be contrast in the colors in hue and in value and therealso needs to be a pleasing mix of patterns.  I discuss these decisions and how I make them in these posts - Mixing Patterns, Patterns Color and Paper, and Mono-tonal Colors.

Products used:
 
Card 1
  • Stamps and dies: TSOL Guitars2play, You Rock, Honey Bee Stamps Rockstar Sentiments
  • Card die: TSOL Diamond Flip-It with Hidden Panel
  • Paper: Stampin’ Up! I am Me DSP, Neutrals DSP, Basic Grey, Pool Party, So Saffron, Real Red
  • Color Palette: Basic grey, Real Red, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Card 2
  • Stamps and Dies: TSOL Guitars2play, You Rock
  • Card die: Side Pop Out Card Base
  • Paper: Stampin’ Up! Best Route, Blueberry Bushel, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch
  • Color Palette: Gray Granite, Blueberry Bushel, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'
 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. two fabulous card Jeanne- now I want these dies (lol)!!!

    ReplyDelete