4/15/2021

High Flying Birthday

Time for a Team O challenge at TicTacToe Challenge!  This week I chose the bottom row across.


 

Like my card on Tuesday, I originally had an idea that just didn't pan out.  But unlike Tuesday where I switched direction quickly, I hung on to that original idea trying to make it work for at least one or two hours!  I've learned my lesson - if it's just not coming together it's better to change tack and go a different direction.  

And I'm so happy I did.  I love this card.  First I chose this new (to me) stamp set.  I figured blue was a given since the theme here is flying.  There were still so many options for colors I went to my cardstock swatches and picked out a few blues and then some contrasting colors.  I came up with Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder.

The image is water colored using the re-inkers.

I had both of the blues in polka dot paper but the Soft Sky was just too pale.  The turquoise seemed a bit dark so I used the vellum to tone it down.

I'm not sure who will get this card.  When it was almost finished, I realized that it would have been perfect for my late father who loved to fly RC airplanes and was an animal lover.  His birthday was earlier this month so perhaps I was subconsciously thinking of him.  I may just keep this for myself.

Products used:

  • Stamps & Dies: My Favorite Things High Flying Birthday
  • Stamps: MFT Banner Day Sentiments
  • Dies: MFT Pop-Up Banner, Banner Flags, Petite Clouds; Cottage Cutz Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline, Nested Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe, Basic Gray
  • Cardstock/Paper: Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Gray, Stampin' Up! Brights DSP (retired)

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment