4/28/2021

Hand-Penned Petals - New Product Suite

My card today features a brand new set from Stampin' Up! that will be available May 4 in the upcoming Annual Catalog.  I love the loose brushed look of this set.  As a two step stamp set it makes for beautiful EASY cards by using the "solid" stamps to "color" the images.  But you can also watercolor or use markers to color in the flowers yourself, if you are so inclined.

For this card, I took the easy way.  And I love how it came out.  No one would think it was as simple to make as it was.

I used the Sketch from this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers to start.

I stamped the flowers and used the solid stamps.  Because the nature of this is loose, you do not have to be exact with your stamping.  In fact, it looks better if you're not "inside the lines!"  I die cut the floral spray and adhered that to a rectangle cut with the stitched rectangle dies. For my band across the middle I used some ribbon that is folded over.  Because of the dimension of the ribbon, I popped the rectangle up on foam strips.

I'll probably use this as a birthday card although it would be lovely for any occasion.  This card went very fast and would be easy to make in quantity.

Products used:

  • Stamps and Dies: Hand-Penned Product Suite (available 5/4/21) - includes stamps, dies, Designer paper and Genial Gems
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Pale Papaya, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron
  • Ribbon: Pale Papaya and White 1/2 Inch Ribbon

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment