12/21/2020

Winter Hugs

Tonight I have a card for Mary's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  She chose Pretty Peacock, Soft Sea Foam and Pear Pizzazz.  I love these colors and they look gorgeous together, so I'm not sure why I had a hard time this week.  It may be that I had a vague idea in my mind of what I wanted to do but nothing concrete.  That can lead to a lot of indecision.

I'm actually pleased with how my card looks, although about half way through I was ready to toss it out.  If I hadn't needed to get my Christmas tree up and decorated I just may have.  However, I had no time to look back so I forged ahead.

I was really unimpressed with the silver heat embossing because it didn't stand out like I wanted but ultimately it worked.  The wreath die was very difficult to line up so the fact that the silver embossing is hard to see ended up as a blessing.  But because the lines are hard to see the coloring doesn't "pop" like it usually does.  A trade-off.

I used blender pens and markers on acrylic blocks to color the image.  It has a very pastel feel enhanced by the silver.  My embellishments are linen thread and clear rhinestones as the Pretty Peacock rhinestones I was planning to use were just too vibrant.  The wooden plank background also provides a nice contrast to the delicate wreath.


 
Products used:

  • Stamps and dies: My Favorite Things Winter Songbird and Winter Wreath
  • Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Stampin' Blends Pretty Peacock, Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz
  • Accessories: Blender Pens, Rhinestones, Linen Thread, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder 

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment: