12/01/2020

Menagerie Mix-Up Valentine

This month starts off with a color challenge from Patricia at CAS Colours & Sketches.  She chose Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride and Silver.  I know that they are perfect for an elegant and subtle holiday card but I wanted to do something different.

I like sending Valentine's card to my friends and this little lamb is great for telling someone they are special.

There are two way to color this image.  You can color the parts separately, die cut and assemble as I did in this post, or you can mask the image and make it one layer as I've done here.  Honestly, the coloring and die cutting goes faster.  But I wanted to have a one layer card for this challenge.

I stamped the three main pieces on Post-It paper and fussy cut the masks.  Then I assembled them on the card front so I could get placement.  I put that in my stamping platform and aligned my first stamp (the one in front of everything) which is the fluffy head wool. 

From there it was easy.  I then removed all the masks and was able to align everything after stamping that first piece.

A word of caution when using the Post-It masking tape.  The ink does not dry fast on this. My wool piece picked up some ink and when I placed it on my card to mask off the head, I got a slight "ghost" line of the head.  I was able to color a bit darker than I intended in the wooly area so it's not super noticeable.  However, be aware of this when masking using this tape!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Menagerie Mix-Up, Hippo Happiness
  • Paper: Whisper White Thick
  • Ink: Memento Black, Versafine Onyx
  • Markers:  Stampin' Blends - Mint Macaron; Copic Markers R20, R22, N0, N1
  • Accessories: Silver washi tape

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment