1/01/2019

Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I've posted.  The holidays are so busy and with the design teams I participate in taking a break I just didn't post - my bad.  But I'm back, and with the new year I have vowed to do better at keeping up with my blog.  So today I have a New Year's card for you all!
This card is also for this week's color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - Blackberry Bliss, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay.  It took me longer than expected to color since I hadn't used my Copics in awhile.  It's amazing how quickly you can lose your "touch" when you don't practice a skill!  I used mainly Copics and then went over areas with Prismacolor pencils.  The detail on Stamping Bella stamps is so intricate that I often do this.  I also covered the blackberry dress in Wink of Stella and added white gel pen for "sparkle".
The color challenge this week asked for ribbon as dessert.  I'm not much of a bow expert but my youngest daughter is.  You can always tell which Christmas presents she wrapped.  They are usually in some sort of recycled paper like a grocery bag, with the most gorgeous bows.  Puts everyone else's wrapping to shame.  So I asked her to teach me how to make a bow.  It turned out okay.  I may be able to perfect it with a little practice.  I felt this card needed something extra festive even if it makes the card completely un-mailable.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2018 and will have an even better 2019!  I appreciate each and everyone of you that takes the time to view my cards.  I love creating them and I hope to inspire others to explore their own creativity!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Whitney and Wendy Love Wine
Dies: Cottage Cutz Ring in the New Year, MFT Polaroid
Markers:  Copics - BG10, BG23, RV52, RV63, RV66, Y21, Y23, E000, E01, E11, E21, E23, E29, E09, E97  Stampin' Blends - Bermuda Bay light and Blackberry Bliss light

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a spectacular new year card! Love the ribbon bow! And the coloring :)

    ReplyDelete