1/29/2019

Double Challenge Card - Colors and a Sketch

Happy Tuesday!  Today is my last day as the challenge hostess at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Since it's the fifth Tuesday we have a double challenge - both colors AND sketches.  I realized after I had made my picks that I must love angles on cards because  this sketch also features some angles as did last week's sketch!
The colors were some Stampin' Up! colors that I hated to see retired.  Although I know that Stampin' Up! has to make room for new colors - that I also love - I wish they hadn't retired THESE.  Isn't there room in everyone's craft stash for every color ever made?!?
Double challenges can be quite difficult, or in this case, pretty straightforward.  Most of my decisions were made for me.  I did make one of the tags a bit smaller.  I originally made it the same size but liked the smaller one better so I went with that.  The flowers are two step stamping, so I stamped off the first layer to get shades of the colors.

After it was all finished I felt it needed a little something so I added some Nuvo drops in Morning Dew.  They are translucent and have just a touch of shimmer.  I made them  pretty small so you can't see them very well.  If I had to do it over I'd put on less drops and make them larger.  They are even hard to see in this photo!
This card will probably end up as a birthday card but could also be a thank you.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set and is one of my all-time favorites!  It goes with any floral image and is in pretty fonts.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bouquet (sentiment); Stampin' Up! Jar of Love
Dies: Stampin' Up! Everyday Jars; Cottage Cutz Mail Tags, Cottage Cutz Spring Wreath
Ink: Stampin' Up! Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, Sweet Sugarplum - all retired
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Jeanne! Love how the leaves on the tag mimic the ones in the wreath die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral tag is so pretty!
    You had some terrific challenges for us in January! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous!!! I like the wreath die you used behind the tags. And the message on the card is so sweet! I wish I could be the friend witten on the tag!

    ReplyDelete