1/11/2019

A Blooming Valentine

I've been in the mood to make Valentine's Day cards this year.  They are so fun to send to friends and family - not just your "sweetheart" (there should be only ONE of those, right?)  So I've been making Valentine's - or "Galentine's" - Day cards.  This one is right up my alley in a clean and simple style.
I started off by watercoloring a background using Real Red and Powder Pink.
I made a scalloped frame for my background by cutting a scalloped square and then using a plain square to cut out the inside.  This makes your dies go farther instead of buying a frame die set.  I didn't measure to get the plain square in the center, I just eyeballed it, but I did use washi tape to hold it down so it wouldn't shift when I ran it through my Big Shot.

I made an A2 card base from white card stock and stamped my sentiment in the Real Red.  Then I cut my watercolor panel to a size in between the inner and outer dimensions of the frame.  About 3 1/2 inches.  This is adhered to the card base and I used narrow foam tape to pop up the frame from the base and put it on top.
My main image is the Blooming Heart from Cottage Cutz.  Whenever I have an intricate die such as this I like to use an adhesive sheet on the back.  The die will cut through all layers EXCEPT the "wax paper" backing of the adhesive sheet.  This works great because the image peels right off like a sticker!
After I attached my frame, I added the main image and some crystal heart embellishments.

I hope you enjoyed this card today.  I had fun designing it and it is one I can easily see sending out to my friends on Valentine's Day to let them know how special they are.

Dies: Cottage Cutz Blooming Heart, Scalloped Squares, Nested Cross Stitched Squares
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Scripty Words
Embellishments: Buttons Galore & More Sparletz Love Hearts

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne I so enjoy seeing your creations. You have a great talent for designing such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete