1/15/2019

Birthday Bike Ride

Since it's Tuesday it must be time for more color challenges.  I'm on the team for two Tuesday challenges - the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge and Splitcoast Stampers Color challenge.  You are not allowed to combine color challenges for obvious reasons, but this week I saved a little time (not really, I'll explain) by making the same card in two different color combos!
The challenge for CAS Colours & sketches is Balmy Blue, Real Red and Crumb Cake.
 Neutrals like black, brown, beige and grey are allowed.


At Splitcoast Stampers this week the colors are Rich Razzleberry, Mango Melody and Grey Granite.
For this challenge you can use any Stampin' Up! neutral so that includes, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy and Merry Merlot.  This expands things a bit and can make it easier at times.
However, this weekend was one of THOSE weekends.  I decided to work on the SCS card first since I pretty much knew what I wanted to do for the CC&S challenge (the bike) so that would be easy.

The card above in the SCS stampers colors was my third attempt at using those colors!

Those colors truly were a challenge for me.  My first card never got past the image.  I tried watercoloring it several times before I decided it really should be colored with Copics.  But by that time I had stamped it in non-Copic friendly ink on mixed media paper.  Since it was a masked image, I decided to go to "Plan B" - some other card.  And I made a very lovely birthday card.  The only problem was that Grey Granite was my main color.  Let's just say a grey birthday card isn't exactly cheerful!

I went to bed.

Sunday morning I decided to work on the CC&S card first.  Since there is a lot of stamp aligning with the bike and accessories, I thought I'd stamp multiple bikes in several colors while everything was lined up in the Stamparatus.  One of my bikes was Grey Granite and well.....you get the rest.  Things went much more smoothly after that.

I learned a few things along the way and will post my really sad birthday card after I make another, more cheerful one.  And it will be fun - I promise!

Stamps and dies:
Stampin' Up! Bike Ride stamps
Stampin' Up! Bike Ride dies
Stampin' Up! Needle and Thread
Inks:
Stampin' Up!
Accessories:
Stamparatus

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeanne! These cards are so gorgeous! I love the patterned paper nicely match with the main image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - sometimes you just gotta go to bed!

    Your card is awesome - in both sets of colors!

    ReplyDelete