8/14/2018

Donut Make You Happy?

To answer the question of the title of this post - YES!  I had tons of fun making this card and it did make me happy!
I'm a guest Design Team member through December for the Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  This is so much fun - we get a lot of participation and so many beautiful cards submitted.  This week is the 700th challenge!!!  To celebrate, the hostess, Mary, had some members of the team choose their favorite color combos from the past 100 challenges to revisit.  Participants can choose from any of these to create a card.  Or if they are particularly enterprising, they may enter all the challenges!

I chose Mary's color combo of Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum and Chocolate Chip.  Her dessert (extra) option was "new".  Maybe it was the names of the ink - I got so hungry thinking about these colors that I decided upon this stamp set.  And as for my "new" - I've never inked up this stamp before (or any Neat and Tangled stamp for that matter) and I also used my We R Memory Keepers Layering Guides for the first time.
I am really pleased with how this came out.  It is the type of card that makes me happy to color and create, and one I am sure the recipient will find fun.  And that is what card making is all about - having a good time and bringing a bit of joy.  I'm heading out on vacation soon but when I get back I will post some tips on how I created this card.

Stamps and Dies: Neat and Tangled Say Yes to the Donut
Markers: Mint Macaron - Stampin' Blends Mint Macaron Light & Dark, Copic G0000; Sweet Sugarplum RV 91, RV9, RV 95; Chocolate Chip E41, E43, E44, E47; Skin E000, E00, E11; Hair E28, E25, E29; Shadows BV23, BV20
Card Stock & Paper:  Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Chocolate Chip, retired DSP

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment