8/10/2018

Christmas Cardinal

 My card today features some new dies from Cottage Cutz and a new stamp from Stampin' Up!.
The only thing stamped on the card is the sentiment.  Everything else is die cut.  The pieces are cut in Real Red, Garden Green, Black and Gold Foil card stock.  I sponged the edges of the bird body and wing in Real Red ink to give him some shading.

The front panel is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches (A2) and the sentiment heat embossed in gold.  This sentiment was perfect for the cardinal.  It is part of an all sentiment stamp set - Merry Christmas to All - that will be available September 5.  It's a set that will be one of my go to's for many years!
I used one of my favorite techniques - stacking colored card stock under my shape.
This gives just a little peek of red underneath.  I toyed with adding some bling - maybe a few red rhinestones or sequins but decided the gold was enough.  I'm sure I will be making additional cards for my Christmas card list so I'll try that in the future.

 Dies used:  Cottage Cutz, Cardinal w/ Flourish, Christmas Floral #2, Stitched Ovals
 Stamps:  Stampin' Up! Merry Christmas to All

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment