5/16/2018

Another Color Challenge

I'm happy and honored to say that I'm a guest designer this month for the color challenges at Splitcoast Stampers.  Each Tuesday is a new challenge.  This week's hostess, Karen, picked a fresh combo of colors - Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach and Pear Pizzazz.
This was a simple and fun card to put together.  Unlike like yesterday's card which presented some challenges and took awhile, this card went together quickly.
And I LOVE this set.  It's the first time I have used it other than a sentiment and it is WONDERFUL!  I stamped and die cut a lot of flowers then starting arranging them. I used my phone to snap a picture when I was happy with the arrangement so that when I started gluing everything together I had a reference.  Phones are extremely handy!
After I had it all arranged I used a bit of baker's twine in crushed curry to wrap the stems.  In playing with the set I realized that it would be perfect for weddings, anniversaries - any occasion where you might give a bouquet of flowers. Imagine this card with a wedding sentiment in the bridal party colors.  And because of the variety of flower types - it even has tulips - the possibilities are endless.  I'd say if you want just ONE floral stamp set, this is it!

Products used:
Stamps and die: Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bouquet Bundle - this bundle saves you 10%.  After May 31 the stamps and dies will only be available individually.
Individually: Beautiful Bouquet and Bouquet Bunch
Dies: Stampin' Up! Layering Squares Ink: Stampin' Up Peekaboo Peach (hurry it's retiring May 31), Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz
Card stock : Whisper White Thick, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment