The colors this week are:
My plan was fairly straight forward - stamp the daisy, stem and leaves making masks for all of them (the image is three separate stamps), leave the masks on and sponge the blue around the outside. Stamp the bee, then color in the flower and bee using Copic markers.
Well, after I had done all the stamping and masking I unknowingly swiped my hand across my black ink pad which I had neglected to cover, and then placed my hand on the card when I started to color it. Soooo, I was back to square one - stamping and masking on a clean piece of card stock. I got a bit further this time - I actually colored in the images when I touched my black ink pad.....
And you can see on the left side my smaller, but no less card ruining, ink spot. So much for the CLEAN in Clean and Simple!
This time I was able to salvage things by using a stitched rectangle die and making the card front into a panel. After this it was fairly smooth - die cut the "Bee" part of the sentiment along with the bee and adhered everything to the card. I used Wink of Stella to add a little bling to the bee's wings.
Since this was a color challenge I matched the Copic colors using my color chart and the method I described in these two posts - July 23 and July 26. I hope you enjoyed today's post and learned a few things - namely, cover your ink pads when not in immediate use! LOL
Stamps and Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Busy Bees, and Bee-You-Tiful
Copic Markers: Y21, Y35, G43, N6, N8, Black
Ink: Pacific Point