4/26/2018

3-D Thursday Interactive/Interchangeable Card

Today's 3-D Thursday post is an interactive card.  I made this card for my daughter's friend who likes to cook for others.  She stayed with us for a while and as a thank you she made us a wonderful lunch.  But it was more than that - she made several different dishes, had menus, sent out invites - she called it "Anushka's Bistro".  She has done this for other hosts when traveling - she says she has Bistro's all over the country (and I believe even an international one!)
When her birthday came around I knew exactly what stamp I wanted to use.  A super fun thing about this set is that your cook can hold any one of a number of different foods.  Since I couldn't choose one I colored them all.  Then I took a clear velcro dot, cut it in half and positioned it slightly over her hand.
All of my food pieces have a half circle on the backside so Anushka can "play" with her card and put out whichever food suits her at the moment.  I mailed the card with the cake on it and made a small envelope to hold the others.
The card was extremely fun to color and put together.  I decided to use a banner for her name.  When creating a banner, start in the middle and work out.  It is much easier to get things lined up this way.

Stamps and Dies: Essentials by Ellen - Leading Ladies Baker Lady
Dies: MFT Stitched Alphabet and Stitched Banner Alphabet
Copic Markers


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment