4/05/2018

3-D Thursday Interactive Wobble Card

Today I have an interactive card for 3-D Thursday.  I created this card for my youngest daughter's birthday in December.  During the first part of December we had wildfires by our house while my husband and I were out of town, and she evacuated our animals and home by herself.  She had very little time (about an hour) but managed to get the pets and herself to safety, along with some family heirlooms.  So we thought Super Girl here fit her pretty well! And her response to being Super Girl?  "Mom, I had an HOUR -(rolls eyes) - in Oklahoma I only had minutes when there was a tornado warning!"
Super Girl is lifted off the card making it 3-D.  But how it's lifted is what makes it fun!  I used an Action Wobble (available from online craft retailers and Amazon).
An Action Wobble is like a plastic spring that is self adhesive on both sides, letting you stick it to a card base and a die cut element.  One side of the Wobble is light plastic allowing it to be easily cut if it's a bit too large for your die cut.  And they come in a couple of sizes.
I've used these a few times on cards.  They really make them fun!  Below is the Wobble in action (I hope this video works - I've never posted one before.)


The card itself is pretty straightforward.  The background was created using Distress Oxide ink and a stencil.  The cityscape is a stamp from the stamp set and stamped twice - once in black and once in grey.  Super Girl was colored with Copic markers.  (I don't have the colors off hand, but if I find them, I'll post them.)

Stamps and Die:  My Favorite Things BB You're Super
Copic Markers


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment