2/19/2018

Skating Week at Spectrum Ink

I've been watching the Olympics this past week.  And among my favorite events are all the skating competitions.  So I thought I'd make some skating cards this week.  Heaven knows I have enough winter stamps that feature ice skaters!  And these two penguins reminded me of ice dancers.
I designed this using last Wednesday's sketch on Splitcoaststampers.  It was an easy to color card - just a little cool grey and BG marker to add shape to the penguins and ice, then some Y and YR for their feet.
I used three coats of Wink of Stella on the snowflakes as well as on the ice - they really sparkle in person.  Of course I had to add quite a few sequins for that flash seen in figure skaters' outfits!

Stamps: Mama Elephant Arctic Penguins
Dies: MFT Stitched Hexagons, MFT Snowflakes
Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment