2/23/2018

Easter Wreath on Weathered Wood

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am.  My card today is one that I created for an inspiration challenge at Fusion Challenge blog.

For the challenge you can use the photo as inspiration or the sketch or both.  When I saw the wreath on the door I knew that I had a wreath die that would be PERFECT.  Here is the challenge:
Not only would the die be perfect, but I have a paper stack of "wood" papers!  I did not want my card to be dark so I picked a light color weathered wood paper and cut it to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches (A2).

I love the color combination of yellow, lavender and purple.  It reminds me of Spring.  I cut the flowers from various shades of those colors and the foliage from two shades of green and Crumb Cake which matches the wood tone on the distressed wood panel.

I decided to use this sentiment since it could stretch across the card and I thought the style went well with the die.  I cut two strips of Crumb Cake cardstock and heat embossed "Happy Easter" in both white and a metallic purple.  I wasn't sure which one I would like better.
I decided on the purple - it really does have a nice glow in person.
I popped one flower off the card using a foam dot then added iridescent sequins that change from yellow to purple.  It really adds some sparkle to the wreath - almost like little berries!
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  The new Fresh Spring Floral die is very versatile - this could easily be made a thank you, birthday or thinking of you card just by changing the sentiments.  And by changing the colors you can match it to the seasons or your recipient's personal tastes.

Die: Cottage Cutz Fresh Spring Floral
Stamp: Lawn Fawn Celebration Scripty Sayings 

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment