2/26/2018

Coloring with Tombows - My First Attempt

Happy Monday!  I usually look forward to the weekend but this week, I'm looking forward to the week.  I've been worried and busy with a daughter who is traveling, 2600 miles from home and caught the flu. Long distance finding her an urgent care and extending her stay so she won't get on a plane sick has been trying, to say the least.  But she's resting in a hotel with medicine and a stocked fridge and will hopefully be well enough to fly on Friday!

Now on to today's card!  I created this card for last Wednesday's sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I love sketch challenges and this one intrigued me because there were quite a few elements to the sketch.
The sketch:
I had purchased a pad of patterned paper about a month ago and actually loved 90% of the patterns.  I usually figure if I like half the patterns I'm doing well.  So I was excited to see the opportunity to use this pack!  It features Paris and this Penny Black stamp fits with the paper perfectly.

That said, I'm not totally happy with  this card.  I also just bought some Tombow markers.  This is my first attempt using them.  I had wanted a loose, wash feel for the coloring.  These markers don't necessarily lend themselves to that.  It was a bit of  a struggle for me get get "loose" with them.  Perhaps with more practice.  Or perhaps I'll just use them for more controlled coloring.  We'll see.

I'm also not thrilled with the combo of the mixed media paper, which is off white, paired with the bright white of the patterned paper.  But I did want to post something that didn't come out exactly as I had wanted.  I know we all have made cards like that - just not what we had hoped for but nice just the same.

I didn't have time to correct everything so I think I'll try re-making this card in a different medium.  Probably either Copic or Prismacolors.  I'll link back to this post when (or should I say if) I do.

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment