2/02/2018

Happy Groundhogs Day! Happy Groundhogs Day!

Will we have six more week's of winter or an early spring?  Only the groundhog know for sure. I've had a soft spot for Groundhogs Day ever since I worked in communications for the ground source heat pump industry where we used the groundhog as a mascot.  This little guy stays comfortable all year long in the perfect temperature of his underground home.  So this card is dedicated to all my friends who are still in the industry.
This card was also a chance for me to use some things from my stash that had never been used.  I've had this stamp FOREVER.  It's wood mounted and I prefer cling mount stamps now.  I almost took it off the block but decided to try inking it before I did.  I'm happy I left it mounted.  He is colored with Copic markers.

I used a wood grained embossing folder for the top panel that left a fairly deep and obvious impression. I wasn't particularly happy with it but when I ran it through the Big Shot again while die cutting the dome window the grain was somewhat flattened and not so prominent.
I used foam tape to raise the front panel off the card and washi tape along the side of the back panel to add a bit of color.

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  And I hope that the groundhog either saw (or didn't see) his shadow depending on your inclination.  I live in Southern California so it's pretty much summer all year long for me!

Stamp: Inky Antics Groundhog Hall
Dies: MFT Stitched Domes, MFT Stitched Dome Frames, MFT Hi There
Embossing folder: Stampin' Up! Wood Grain
Copic Markers: W00, W2, W4, W5, N9, E53, E55, E57, E59, E49, G43, G46, Y15, Y19, R81, R85, B0000, C0, C1


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word —- that’s precious!! Love the stamps, love your coloring, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking cute! Wish he was still available.

    ReplyDelete