5/07/2024

It's All ABout the Texture

Happy Tuesday! I'm back at CAS Colours & Sketches after taking April off. For our color challenge this month Patricia chose Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Pebbled Path. I will admit up front that these colors (with the exception of Pool Party) are a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm more of a tropical colors person.


So of course I felt this incredible urge to add another color to give these some "punch". This color challenge only allows neutrals (brown, black, grey, white, metallic) as an additional color. (Other challenges will allow the Stampin' Up! Neutrals palette which includes a few blues and greens.) So here I added the brushed pewter metallic to the rim of the basket. In the photo it is hard to see the metallic but it adds some nice subtle sheen.

I decided that adding texture was the best way to give interest to this card so I used a deckled edge die for the panel and the Macrame 3D embossing folder. I also used one of my all-time-favorite stamps in the background - Gorgeous Grunge. After this set was retired I noticed that SU often included a splatter stamp in at least one of their stamp sets for awhile. I just wouldn't have retired this set; but of course I wasn't asked! (wink, wink)

Pretty much everything on this card, except the colors and deckled rectangles, is retired. As a demonstrator I know that I should use current products. But I feel pretty strongly that you should keep and use what you love. There is a lot of pressure to buy new and while I succumb to that pretty easily, I am making a conscious effort to use what I have and buy only what I love (not what I think will sell.)

I hope you like my card today. Right now the card is blank inside. Since it is a very neutral card I may keep it for a guy's birthday or as a sympathy card. Those are hard cards to make and when you need one you need it immediately.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Earthen Textures Stamps & Dies, Gorgeous Grunge
  • Dies: Deckled Rectangles
  • Accessories: Macrame 3D Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment