5/13/2024

Hula Girl at Heart

"In a world that needs more dancing, she's a hula girl at heart" - Jimmy Buffett


For the 1000th color challenge at Splitcoaststampers I was asked to revisit a favorite challenge that I hosted.  I chose challenge 909 with some of my favorite colors, Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink and Orchid Oasis with a favorite dessert - summer! I also chose a challenge where I had an underlying theme of music; all my cards from August of 2022 were in this theme.


This stamp reminds me of my youngest daughter (now 30) whose first dance recital at 3 was "Hula Baby". There is no sight cuter than 3 year olds doing the hula. She kept dancing right up until she went to college. The quote above fits her to a tee - she's still that adorable 3 year old dancing the hula! If you don't know the song "Hula Girl at Heart" it's worth a listen, especially if you have a daughter.

The image is colored with Stampin' Blends and Copic markers to color match. I added some neutrals - browns and Mossy Meadow. I used the Orchid and the Daffodil to get various shades of the green. The markers I used are listed below.

I cut the palm frame once from the white and layered it with two cut from the Orchid Oasis. I also layered the extra leaves with the Orchid. I like the added shadow it gave the white.  The sentiment was made with my label maker and finished with a pink heart.

If you have time please stop by Splitcoaststampers and join in the challenge - we have multiple colors combos this week as each team member chose their favorite. I would especially love to see your summer inspired creations!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stamping Bella Summer Bundle Girl & Puppy Hula Dance
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Orchid Oasis Light & Dark, Polished Pink Light & Dark, Daffodil Delight Light & Dark, 800, 900, 500  Copic Markers - BV02, Y11, RV00, YG93, YG97, YG99
  • Other: The Stamps of Life Tropical Palm Frame die, label maker, SU Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment