5/21/2024

CAS Sketch Challenge

Today’s card is for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. When I saw Patricia’s sketch I knew I had the perfect image from Spellbinder’s April’s club sets; I just had to decided whether to use the floss dies or stencils.



This didn’t turn out quite how I had envisioned but I’m not quite sure why. I did have to do the stencils twice as the floss was too short the first time. And after stenciling the second I just didn’t want to try for three. This is a five part stencil and what made it a bit complicated was the step down of each floss. If they had been equal in length as they are on the stencil it would have gone much faster.

I got the all club sets last month because I’ve started back up on an old hobby - needlepoint. I’ve joined a few groups and stitch about once a month with some ladies at a local shop. I decided the set may be quite useful!

Needlepoint has come along way since when I learned as a girl. And it is starting to become more popular even with the younger generations. And one advantage is that you don’t need a craft room the size of Montana to hold all your stuff! The cost for hand painted canvases is pretty steep as are the fibers. That coupled with the fact it can take weeks or months (or even years) to complete a project, you tend not to buy as much. Cost probably works out to the same, just a different volume! ;)

I hope you’ve enjoyed my card today. Now it’s time to go outside and take care of the flowers I planted this weekend!

Products used:
  • Spellbinders April 2024 Stencil of the Month, Stamp of the Month, Better Press of the Month
 
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment