8/14/2023

Tropical Color Challenge

I'm the hostess this week at Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge and I picked some challenging colors (at least for me - ha ha!) I didn't know it when I picked them.

I saw these colors in a Tommy Bahama ad we received in the mail and was "WOW! What great unexpected colors for a tropical pattern!" And that mailer sure looked good.

Fast forward to me trying to replicate the feel of that tropical ad in these colors. I'm actually pleased with how this came out - although I would change a few things - but it wasn't an easy road. It was one of those where I knew what I wanted but couldn't quite articulate it, so I ended up trying out several scenarios. Basically, it took me longer than it should have.

I wanted some color depth on the hibiscus so I ink blended the coral on white cardstock. I also added the neutral Smoky Slate (the ad had the green outlined in grey) and created a patterned paper by stamping the leaves in the grey and blue. Since I had stated that the dessert option was to add another color and grey is a neutral I added the Pale Papaya. In retrospect I would have just said the Smoky Slate was my extra color and not added the papaya. It doesn't look bad but I'm not sure its adds anything either.

I hope you'll join us in the challenge this week!

Products used:

  • Dies: Floral Swish card base, Sweet Moments Kit
  • Stamps/dies: Tropical2stamp
  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Misty Moonlight, Soft Succulent, Smoky Slate
  • Paper/Cardstock: White, Misty Moonlight, Smoky Slate, Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya, retired DSP
  • Accessories: retired enamel dots, Calypso Coral braided linen thread

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment