8/21/2023

Summer Breeze

Tonight's card is for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers. Karen gave us four colors to work with this week and they are some great colors! Real Red, Crushed Curry, Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green. Perfect for florals or for a scene.

I really wanted to use my new die from Spellbinders. I liked this die so much I joined their Small Die of the Month subscription just to get it. I have a similar die from them that has a sitting woman in a bathing suit and hat. I've seen that one used in beach scenes that are awesome.

I was also inspired to use this die by a challenge that I am unfortunately too late to enter. It was to use a song, book or movie as your inspiration. Mine is the song Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft. I'm sure those of a certain age will remember  that song! I found it totally fitting for this image. I kept singing it as I made this card.

The card is straightforward. I stenciled the background clouds and assembled the pieces.  While this isn't super complex it does take a bit of time to cut the pieces, shade them if necessary and assemble. There are embossed lines on some of the pieces to make sure the head and legs are lined up so you don't end up with some awkward looking girl! And for me, coming up with a floral arrangement is always time consuming.

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:

Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies

Four Seasons Challenge - Summer

Products used:

  • Dies: Spellbinders Breezy Swing
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up in the challenge colors, plus Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip
  • Ink: Balmy Blue, Distress Oxide Antique Linen, Ground Espresso
  • Accessories: MFT Clouds Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a super fun, cute and pretty card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Awesome summer card and the colors are a perfect match! I can see why you wanted them! Thank you so much for joining with us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge!

    ReplyDelete