8/30/2023

CAS Double Challenge

I'm a day late posting for the Double Challenge this week at CAS Colours & Sketches. Life got in the way of me making a timely card! We have a double challenge of both color and sketch when there are five Tuesdays in a month.

This one actually went pretty fast although I admit it could be a bit neater. Time being of the essence I made a few "good enough" decisions.

That said, I have joined the "Craft Your Life" monthly kit at Altenew. I've been a kit member at other websites and have never been totally satisfied with them. I think it's because there are always things I don't use included so I feel I'm paying for more "shelf stuff". However with this kit, you just get stamps, dies, an embossing folder and a stencil set - no cardstock, ink, embellishments, etc. - along with an instruction card giving you ideas. Perfect for me as I get to use my own CS, ink, etc!

To make this card I pulled out this month's kit and within 30 minutes I had this card. I did have to substitute ink as I did not have the Mellow Moss or Pale Plum. I embossed white cardstock, then used the layering stencils to color the leaves and flowers, die cut them and adhered to the card base. The sentiment is from the stamp set. Easy, easy, easy! And as Gina K says "it's not horrible!" I'll be using this as a birthday card.

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:

Stencil Fun - optional Butterflies

Can You Handle the Pressure - twist of poppies (Can I have purple poppies?)

Triple B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies & Blooms)

Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge

Products used:

  • Kit: Altenew Craft Your Life Sweet Buttercups (September)
  • Ink: Versamark Black, Altenew Soft Lilac, Midnight Violet and Frayed Leaf

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card, the shading is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning blossom! I love the amazing dimension and the very soft coloring.. Lovely card, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete