6/26/2023

Fireworks for Squirrel

Hello everyone! I'm finally back! I was on vacation in France (my last card was a hint) and then I got sick when I returned. I am now ready to go.

This card is for the color challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers - Blueberry Bushel, Real Red and White with Patriotic as dessert. I do not make a lot of patriotic cards. I just don't know who I would give them to; however I do like making cards that I can display for holidays so I thought I would do that here.

I used a stamp set I've had for quite a while but never inked up. Stephanie at The Stamps of Life has several sets featuring this adorable squirrel and I had to get them all because he's SO cute. But that means I'm more of a collector than crafter, right? LOL!

In the pursuit of being a crafter not collector, I decided to use this set! He and the fireworks are colored with a combo of Copics and Stampin' Blends.  I used a three part background die from TSOL and added a heat embossed sentiment and some thread. I photographed just the card front.  I will be making this into an easel in the next day or two so I can display it for July 4.  I'll post it when I do.

I hope you will join us for the challenge this week!

Products used:

  • Stamps/dies: TSOL fireworks4squirrel
  • Dies: TSOL TriBackground Basic
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Real Red Light & Dark, Blueberry Bushel Light; Copic markers - R32, B21, B23, W00, W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, N7, N9, N4, C00

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of just making a card to display for the holiday! This squirrel is darling! I love the design of card!

    ReplyDelete