4/18/2023

Bloom

Happy Tuesday! It's time for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. We have a challenge featuring a slimline design this time.

 I have a love/hate relationship with slimline cards. On the one hand they give us another layout that can be used to create some wonderful scenes. On the other hand they offer up a lot of real estate on the inside that needs to be filled up. The larger the sentiment on the inside the better!

This card sketch features a nice big sentiment on the outside as well. I used a new Taylored Expressions stencil from Crop & Create. It's actually a stamp (the stems) and then four stencils to create the flowers and leaves. I did a whole A2 size panel and then used a die to cut the square.

When it came to the sentiment I had trouble trying to decide my colors so I reminded myself that "it's just paper". I ended up die cutting three versions in different color combinations and decided upon this one.  Now I have two to use later and it ultimately saved me a LOT of time because I am one who can ponder a design decision forever! I also cut a few of the shadow layer from Daffodil Delight and stacked them underneath to add some dimension.

Products used:

  • Stamp / stencil set: Taylored Expressions Bud & Blossom
  • Stamp / die set (sentiment): Honey Bee Stamps Bloom
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Stylish Shapes
  • Ink: Altenew Moss, Olive, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Warm Sunshine
  • Cardstock: Granny Apple Green, Peek A Boo Peach, Daffodil Delight

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Jeanne this is the kind of bright and sunny card that makes my heart happy! I love the pretty stamped/stencilled flowers and I'm glad it's not just me that diecuts sentiments in multiple colour combos before deciding where to end up!! I think you made the perfect choice - love that uplifting sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jeanne! I love the vibrant and happy vibes of it. You created such a beautiful pattern, I was sure it's a DSP! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jeanne! I love the sentiment - its perfect with those fresh spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete