2/02/2023

Valentine's Day Cards with Anna Griffin

I made some Valentine's Day cards this weekend using the Anna Griffin Valentine Spinner kit. The kit makes interactive cards that are suitable for friends (YAY!).  I really like that because there are are just only so many romantic Valentines I can send (as in one - to the hubby.) These cards will be going to friends that I see weekly while playing Mah Jong and my daughters and mother-in-law.

For the most part, these cards have an antique Valentine feel. I say that because there are elements in the kit that can be used to make cards that are less floral and ornate. Although with Anna Griffin cards, ornate is a relative term!


My main card is for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week - middle row across Layers, Friendship, Circle.

I have a few tips for making spinner cards.  You need to line up the two pieces on either side of the string and that can be hard if what you're lining up is the same color as your work surface. I place a piece of contrasting cardstock underneath the circle and it makes things much easier to see and align.

My second tip is for this or any kit where you have lots of pieces.  I take some small trays - the kind you use to organize drawers - and put my various pieces in those. Here I had one for the spinner pieces, one for flowers, hearts, etc. I find my desk stays neater and creating goes a bit faster, especially when making multiples.

I hope you've enjoyed my cards today and will join us for this week's challenge!

Products used:

  • Anna Griffin Valentine Spinner Card Kit

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne... the set of eight valentines you made are beautiful. The perfect combination of vintage and romantic. Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous! All the elements are gorgeous and you've created such beautiful cards1

    ReplyDelete