7/28/2020

Poinsettia Petal Christmas in July

Happy Tuesday!  It's challenge time at CAS Colours & Sketches and also Splitcoaststampers.  CC&S has a sketch challenge this week and SCS a color challenge so I combined them.
The colors this week are Shaded Spruce, Just Jade and Magenta Madness.  The first two colors are definitely traditional Christmas, but the magenta...well it gave me a few headaches. I've used pink before in holiday cards with great success.  But this color pink is BRIGHT!  I mean light up the night bright.

Using the new in August Poinsettia Petals stamps, I watercolored the images by stamping in my Stamparatus, then using an aqua painter to paint by drawing the ink from the lines of the image.  I then re-stamped the images using the stamparatus.  The first pink poinsettia came out pretty bold.  Not at all like the the soft cream/pink poinsettias you see at Christmas.  So I did another image but stamped off one generation before starting my watercolor.  This helped a great deal.  My poinsettia is much softer than before. 

For my leaves, I stamped first in Just Jade and then used Shaded Spruce over that.

I used two ribbons for the lines and heat embossed my sentiment in silver.  I may make this a few more times for holiday cards this year although I will probably use a softer pink for the flower.



If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would love to help you with your stamping needs. Place an order with me between now and July 31 and I will send you the new Mini Catalog!

And right now is Bonus Days.  For every $50 spent now through August 3, you earn $5 to spend in August 4-31!  Just in time to order your holiday supplies!

Stamps/dies: Poinsettia Petals Bundle
Dies: Stitched Rectangles
Ink: Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Magenta Madness
Accessories: Just Jade Ribbon, Silver Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink poinsettia!!! Very pretty. I told myself I was going to start holiday cards in August. We'll see if I actually do. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday card, Jeanne! I love the poinsettia in pink!

    ReplyDelete