7/20/2020

Homage to the Fab Four

Happy Monday!  I have an extra card this week and one I had a lot of fun making!  I am on the Design Team for Cottage Cutz dies and when I saw the octopus in the new release I was working on cards for the last release - gardening.  I immediately thought about putting the Garden Phrases and Octopus dies together.  And I couldn't resist throwing in the Toy Submarine die.

I love music - all kinds of music!  I grew up listening to the Beatles and I listened to them while working on this card.   Lot's of good memories!

The background of this card is a patterned paper that happened to be perfect to set the scene.  For the sign I used the Garden Phrases sign and simply trimmed along one of the wood grain cuts to make it smaller.  The seaweed is from the Tropical Fish die.

I cut everything but the sign various colors of cardstock except the sign which I cut from white.  I used ink to shade the seaweed and octopus and to color the sign.  The octopus was popped up using foam dots.

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Wouldn't we all like to see an Octopus' Garden from A Yellow Submarine?

Dies: all Cottage Cutz - Octopus, Garden Phrases, Tropical Fish, Toy Submarine
Paper: Stampin' Up! Whale of a Time

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment