4/20/2020

A Gnomey Thanks and Color Matching with Copic Markers

Hello everyone!  I'm the hostess this week for Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  Their challenge rules allows us to use the recently retired (within the past year) Stampin' Up! In-Colors.  The 2017-2019 colors had several of my favorite colors so I chose them this week.
The colors I chose this week are Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst and Powder Pink.
I decided to use an old stamp set  that ad never seen ink.  I love seeing all the gnome stamps out there and toyed with the idea of getting a new set, but then I thought "why?".  I am trying to make an effort to use things I already have and boy, do I have stamp sets!

I color matched the colors using Copic markers.  To learn more about how to color match check out my posts here and here.

The paper is some that was retired along with the colors.  I die cut the word "Thanks" and used a stacked technique so that the word would have a nice colored edge.  To get it exactly in place on the panel, I cut the word from the gnome panel and placed the stacked word in the negative space.   The die is one word so the letters are perfectly placed.
For the rhinestone bling I colored clear rhinestones with the markers.

Stamps: My Favorite Things You Gnome Me
Dies: MFT Thanks
Markers: Berry Burst - RV10, RV11, RV17, RV19; Powder Pink - R00, R01, R11, R12; Lemon Lime Twist - YG00, YG21, YG23; Skin - E50, E51, E11; Boots - E23, E29; Beard/shadow - N0, N1, N2

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment