4/12/2020

3-D Easter Projects

Happy Easter!  I hope everyone had a great day!  I thought it was wonderful that so many churches held virtual services today - truly an example of adapting to circumstances and making the best of a situation.  It was a bit odd to see St. Peter's in Rome so empty but also heartening that even an institution as old as the Church can adapt to modern ways.

I'm a little late posting these cards today and they are very secular crafts for Easter, but I hope you find them inspirational.   I really enjoy making 3-D items - especially card-in-a-box.  There are an infinite way to fill these.
This card uses dies from several manufacturers although the main dies are from Spellbinders Die of the Month.  I sent this to my daughter who we hadn't seen since January (one reason I had to wait to post - so she wouldn't see it).  Now with the stay-at-home we can't see her today.  I hope it brightened her day.

I took to my scrap box and started cutting lots of flowers in various colors  (great way to use them up.)  The background sky is stenciled with clouds using Soft Sky ink and My Favorite Things Small Cloud stencil.  For the box I used Crumb Cake cardstock and Stampin' Up!'s Basket Weave embossing folder.

This adorable basket is made using only the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month March 2020 die.  I think it could fold flat for mailing as there are score lines on the supports between the front and back, although I haven't tried it.
I hope you've enjoyed today's post and it gives you some inspiration.

Card-in-a-Box:
Spellbinders Small Die of the Month March 2020
The Stamps of Life 5 x 7 Box Card
My Favorite Things Grass Edge
Cottage Cutz Hello Spring Bloom
The Stamps of Life Shadow Box Card (cloud)

Basket:
Spellbinders Large Die of the Month March 2020

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment: