1/27/2020

Whole Lotta Love and Using a Stencil Background

I'm the color challenge hostess this week at Splitcoaststampers.  I chose colors that I thought would work for Valentine's Day but have a bit of a twist - the blue.  The colors I chose were Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade and Bermuda Bay.
This Bundle Girl with a Heart Trail is new from Stamping Bella and really made me smile.  I hadn't colored a Bundle Girl before but was excited to try.  I find round shapes fun to color.

I started by coloring her with Copic markers and Stampin' Blends.  Then I went over her with Prismacolor pencils.  I can get really lost in coloring when I'm having fun with an image and I had fun this time.  I often listen to music while coloring and in this case it was Led Zeppelin (hence the name of the card "Whole Lotta Love").


I also chose to add a stencil for the challenge "dessert".  I masked off my girl after coloring her and stenciled the heart flow.  I made sure to tape everything down very well so there was no slippage.  I would have been a bit upset had  the stenciling not come out after all that coloring!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Bundle Girl with a Heart Trail
Dies: Penny Black Hearts Galore (used to make the stencil)
Markers: Stampin' Blends Bermuda Bay Light & Dark, Flirty Flamingo Light & Dark, Poppy Parade Light & Dark; Copic markers BG10, BG11, R20 (with the FF), R21 (with the PP), N0, N1, E00, E01, E11
Prismacolor pencils: PP - 923, 924, 722; FF - 928, 929, 930; BB - 105, 905, 992; others - 901, 1060, 1063, 1065, 1067

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this color palette and your coloring is amazing. So beautifully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet I ordered the stamp and will shamelessly copy your idea!!

    ReplyDelete