1/07/2020

Happy Bird-Day!

For my 2020 New Year's resolution, I decided I am going to actually send the cards that I create.  Too many times I make cards that I don't use.  I find that when someone's birthday rolls around, I want to make something very specific and don't send what I already have.  I'm also going to make some cards without sentiments so that when I need a thank you, sympathy or congratulations card I have one on hand.

This card was created for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week - Balmy Blue, So Saffron and Early Espresso with the extra "dessert" being trees.  Splitcoaststampers allows Stampin' Up! neutrals in their color challenges so I added the pine needles in Mossy meadow and some Soft Suede behind the pine cone. 
This is a super simple card to make using all die cuts with just the sentiment stamped.  I did some shading of the house with a bit of brown ink and also colored the birds with the ink colors.  For me that was the easiest way to get the yellow beaks and legs.  An eye shadow sponge works great for tiny places.

Stamps and dies: The Stamps of Life Birdhouses2stamp
Dies: The Stamps of Life Ribbon Border Dies


Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Such a cute little scene. I am so low on birthday cards right now so making those is going to be a priority right now.

    ReplyDelete