10/15/2019

Silly Reindeer Shaker Card

I normally have a challenge card on Tuesday but this week I'm taking a break.  I do however, have a fun shaker card using only dies.

I cut most of the pieces from white card stock and colored them using Distress Oxide inks.  The sentiment and curtain are cut from colored card stock and patterned paper.
For the blue sky behind the reindeer I used the negative piece created by cutting the window as a stencil.
I lightly traced the outline of the window in pencil and glued the reindeer and snowflakes within that area.
I did have to cut off the bottom of his scarf so it wouldn't be seen under the window.
To create the shaker window I cut seven windows - one from white and colored with the DO inks and the others from a brown card stock.  I layered these brown pieces and cut out the panes.  Then I placed a piece of acetate between the top window and the stacked layers.
I used the Happy Ho Ho Ho die for the sentiment and some matching green striped paper down each side.  I think it just goes perfectly for this crazy little deer peeking in the window!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Silly Holiday Reindeer, Happy Ho Ho Ho, Winter Window

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment