9/24/2019

Two Challenge Tuesday

It's another two challenge Tuesday - I'm the hostess for two challenges.  I suppose if I had really thought about it I would have chosen a stamp set for the sketch challenge that would have been good for the color  challenge.  But I had ideas for both separately and I really didn't want to think that hard! :)
This card is for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.
I needed to use three of the same element in different sizes.  I chose snowflakes and when I went to lay them out on the card I realized quite quickly that overlapping snowflakes didn't look very good. They needed dimension.  Since using foam underneath would have been a bit difficult I cut more snowflakes from coordinating cardstock.  There is one under the large snowflake and four under the medium snowflake.  I think this added enough depth.  The background I watercolored using three colors of ink.
My second card is for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Terracotta Tile, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay.  Yes, very close to the colors I chose last week for CC&S - I'm lazy, what can I say?  Or maybe they are just such great colors I wanted to use them again!
I used the ink pads to watercolor the image.  Last week I went to a music festival that had a very laid back vibe to it, so I was in the mood to use this van stamp.  It was quite simple to color.  I know for some, cards like this are a bit too simple, but when you have the right image and sentiment I think they are great.

I hope you consider joining in one or both of the challenges this week!  I'd love to see what you create.

Snowflake Card:
Dies: My Favorite Things Snowflakes
Stamp: MFT Deer Friends
Ink: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Balmy Blue
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media, Pool Party
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter

Van Card:
Stamp: Flora & Fauna Hat-tastic Car Set
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Terracotta Tile, So Saffron, Smoky Slate, MFT Hybrid Black Licorice
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Washi Tape, Blender Pens, Aqua Painter

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. That snowflake card is stunning....those dies might just have to jump in my cart, if they're still available! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I love the snowflake card for this week's challenge. It took my eyes!!! :) The colours are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete