9/20/2019

Die Cuts Only Christmas Card

Happy Friday!  Today I have an all die cut card for you.  Although I love to color, I also like the look of die cuts.  And when I saw this Kitten in Teacup die I fell in love.  The kitty is so cute and although it is a Christmas die, it doesn't need to be.  Just take off the Santa hat and holly and it can be used all year long!

I purposefully picked a Christmas paper with two shades of red and a small pattern since I wanted my die cut word to show against it.  If the pattern is too large or contrasting in colors, words will often just get lost.  I also chose gold so there would be contrast.
After cutting all my pieces I used Distress Oxide ink and a sponge dauber to tip the edges of the cup, cat, paws and hat pompom and band.  This gives them a little bit of depth.
I assembled my teacup and kitty on a silicone mat.  I like to do this rather than assemble my die cut image on the card itself.  This way I have one element to use and it can dry on the mat but it won't stick to the mat.
I used foam dots on the back to pop him up off the circle panel.  Another reason I like to assemble the die cut image into one - I can add dimension with the foam dots.


Dies: Cottage Cutz Kitten in Teacup, Hugs Phrase, Christmas Floral #2, Nested Wacky Stitched Circle
Paper: Retired DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Smoky Slate, Garden Green, Mossy Meadow, Gold Foil, Whisper White
Ink: Copic markers to color pink in ears, nose and holly leaves (these were all cut from white)

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a total cutie this little kitty is Jeanne! I've just re-invested in a die cutting machine and am so excited to use it. Thanks for the silicone mat tip - sounds like a great plan :)

    ReplyDelete