9/10/2019

Just Breathe

My card today was inspired by an art exhibit my daughter curated (and also had piece in) this past weekend at her university.  The theme of the show was "Self Care".  So I chose to make a card that could remind me to slow down.  Something I have trouble doing at times.  It also does double duty for two challenges - the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers and the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.
The colors this week are Old Olive, Pool Party and Pretty Peacock.  And here is the posted sketch:
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/09/challenge-338-sketch.html
 
I started by making a light watercolor wash with Pool Party and Old Olive on the front panel and drying it with a heat tool until damp.  I used my Stamparatus to stamp a feather in Pretty Peacock on the wash after I had stamped off once. I wanted it to be very light.  By doing this the feather bled a bit softening it.  I added to the wash and repeated.  Then I flipped the panel and did the other side.

For the main feather I created a wash and stamped the feather full strength.  I die cut it along with three in Pretty Peacock and one in an Old Olive foil.  I stacked these underneath to add some dimension and a little color.  The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive and I think it fits with the feel of the card - peaceful and relaxing.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Four Feathers; Impression Obsession Words for Art
Dies:  Stampin' Up! Feathers
Paper: Starthmore Mixed Media, Pretty Peacock, Old Olive Foil
Ink: Old Olive, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Stamparatus

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment