10/17/2023

Ho Ho Ho Slimline Card

Happy Tuesday! My card today is for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. Lucy chose a slimline design.

I used to LOVE slimline designs because they give a lot of space for your images. Now I'm not so enamored of them. I still enjoy working with them but it really depends on the images/design I want to use. For this the Ho Ho Ho worked perfectly as it can fill the space nicely.

One thing I discovered early on in making slimlines cards is that the inside has a lot of space to fill for messages and I'm not one to write lengthy messages in my card.  (That's why I MAKE cards! LOL!)

All that said, this card was easy to create using nothing but die cuts and an embossing folder. It would be very simple to recreate in quantity for the holidays. The die set comes with a small tree and snowflake for the ornament center so you can vary your cards. I can see using a green foil for the tree and a blue and silver foil for the snowflake.

I'm trying to make quicker cards now as my card making is down to a minimum due to the twins. I really didn't expect two puppies to be this much work! I've had a puppy before but just one at a time. It seems two are never on the same schedule and they are very impatient when you are handling the other one. I keep telling myself "this too shall pass" and I'll have two very fun dogs.

Their first walk outside the backyard. My husband and I each take one but he got to wrangle both while I took a photo. Duke is heading for a pine cone! He loves to pick them up and carry them around. 

Products used:

  • Dies: Spellbinders Jolly Ho Ho Ho
  • Embossing Folder: Spellbinders Scattered Christmas
  • Cardstock: White, Gold and Red Foil

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature


3 comments:

  1. Clean and simple and very effective. It's a nice card!
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous slimline card, I think they were a fad but I still love them and what a perfect way to use the ho ho ho! Cute little pups too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful slimline design. Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete