5/04/2023

Mother's Day Handbag

Happy Thursday! We have another Team O challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenge and another wonderful board.  My "card" today actually fits several squares but I chose the middle column down. To sign this and write a message I inserted the signature card that is peeking out the top of the bag.

This is the first in a series of (up to) six bags I'm making for Mother's Day.  I say "up to" because I'm having brunch with the extended family including my mother-in-law, two sister-in-laws and niece who are all moms.  But I'd also like to make this for one of my SIL's mother because she is such a sweetheart (and another one for me!) So I'm shooting for six - five definitely before Mother's Day. (And don't think I'm being exclusionary, the other SIL's mother is my MIL so I'm not leaving anyone out.)

This uses the Luxury Purse die set from Anna Griffin. I have other purse dies but this one is so detailed - the die also embosses things like the stitching and dimension on the clasp and handles. It's part of a series of dies and I'm signed up to receive the others. At first I thought I'd back out but these are SO darn adorable! I can't wait for June.

While I love Anna's products they are deceptive. Watching her videos you feel like "that's so easy" until you get the embellishments and papers out and start trying to coordinate. Suddenly it's a bit more difficult. SOOO many choices.....

 

Since this was my first attempt at this die I knew it would take awhile to create. However with some organization the others could go faster. So while everything was out, I picked papers and embellishments for the other purses. I took pictures and bagged the embellishments with the name of the cardstock I thought would coordinate. I put it all in a 12 x 12 clear scrapbook envelope and should be ready to cut and assemble between now and Mother's Day. I'm pretty sure the next ones will be easier and quicker to assemble!

Products used:

  • All Anna Griffin except solid cardstock by Stampin' Up!
  • Dies: Luxury Purse
  • Embellishments:  Favorite Florals IV

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment:

  1. These bags are just gorgeous! So many fabulous elements and that purse die is amazing!

    ReplyDelete