Happy New Year!!! I'm so ready for 2021 and hopeful it will be less stressful than last year. To start off the new year I have a card for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers. Karen picked some beautiful colors - Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Gorgeous Grape. I don't know whether it's because we have a LOT of frogs in our yard right now or what, but when I saw these colors I immediately thought of making a frog card.When I started this card I was tearing my hair out thinking what Stampin' Up products could I use with this card. I had decided on this frog from SU because he is so darn cute. I'm a demo (though not terribly serious at it) and thinking of SU products first is what I'm encouraged to do. But when I decided to just go with products from any manufacturer it was much easier and more fun! I have products from many vendors and I love them all! (Well mostly love. I have made a few mistakes - LOL!)
I can tell when I'm having a good time with a card. I have a bunch of stuff on my desk and I'm using it ALL. When I'm not using it that means I'm not having fun, I'm just desperate. This time I was using it.
I got my inspiration from a similar card on Pinterest. I used the sentiment "Ribbit" because I couldn't decide between "Hoppy Birthday to You" and "Laugh Lines are Better Than Worry Warts". I'll put the appropriate sentiment in the inside when I give the card.
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Love You Lots, Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge, Technique Tuesday Felix the Frog (for sentiments not used)
- Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Circles, Cottage Cutz Tropical Bouquet, MFT Stitched Rectangles, Technique Tuesday Felix the Frog (Ribbit)
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, vellum
- Ink: Memento Black, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana
- Markers: Stampin' Blends Granny Apple Green, YG21, N0
- Accessories: Gorgeous Grape striped ribbon, pearls
Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step). Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'