1/05/2021

Friends in Every Season

It's a new year at CAS Colours & Sketches and I have the pleasure of being the first hostess this year.  We're starting off with a color challenge and I picked what I hope are fun colors to work with.  They are some of my favorites; I am very partial to aqua / turquoise tones.  Although as I have told my family MANY times - I do not have a favorite color.  It would be like picking your favorite child; you can't!  They are all wonderful in their own way.  So here is my card using Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Cherry Cobbler.


I haven't colored in a while and really wanted to.  I love the Bundle Girls from Stamping Bella.  For this image I masked off the holly on top of their hats as I thought that looked too Christmas-y.  I used mainly Stampin' Blends on these and I used Neenah Solar White card stock.

And an odd thing happened.  The Bermuda Bay really bled and did not blend all that well.  I've never had a problem with it before but I normally use Stampin' Up! Whisper White.  And I've never had a problem with the Solar White but I am usually using only Copics when using that paper.  I can only conclude that the Stampin' Blends don't work super well with the Neenah card stock.  I did use Copics as my very light tones and neutrals.

I didn't have the time to add pencil to the image and I'm sure this would have helped it a bit, but overall I liked the way the card turned out.

I'd love to have you join us this week in the challenge.  It's always fun to see what you all create!

Products used: 

  • Stamps: Stamping Bella Bundle Girl Winter Friends
  • Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangles
  • Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Pool Party Light & Dark, Bermuda Bay Light & Dark, Cherry Cobbler Light & Dark; Copic Markers - BG000, R81, R83, E50.E51, E11, N0, N2, N3
  • Ink: Memento Black

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

10 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card Jeanne :) Your coloring is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bundle stamps too Jeanne and you've coloured this adorable image perfectly! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have coloured this pair of cuties to perfection Jeanne - I adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're colouring is breathtaking! I love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is stunning Jeanne!!! This is cute and gorgeous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute girls!! I love, love the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely darling. The coloring is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete