7/09/2019

Double Duty Challenge Card - Christmas in July

Last Friday I focused on using die cuts as your focal image.  I am doing that again with today's double duty card (for two challenges).  This month at Splitcoaststampers the theme for the color challenges is "Christmas in July".  Normally I think we (and by that I mean retailers) have gone a bit overboard with early Christmas.  However, for the crafting world (and associated retailers) I love Christmas in July.  After all, it takes awhile to plan and execute handmade Christmas cards.  By participating in this theme, I'll have several card designs that I can choose from in order to make enough cards for my list.  And if I don't wait until the last minute to get them done, I can sit back and enjoy the holidays!
The colors this week are Very Vanilla, Soft Sea Foam and Rococo Rose - a new color from Stampin' Up!.  I used the sketch  challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches for my layout.
This card was super easy to create.  It is all die cut.  For the poinsettia petals I used Very Vanilla card stock and inked the edges in the Rose.  This made the flower softer than if I had use the Rose card stock.

For my stripes, I scored them using a scoring tool and Simply Scored scoring board.

I have certain criteria for my holiday cards - they must be quick to make and not boring!  This one fits those requirements.   I usually don't send elegant style cards for Christmas, but I may this year!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Peace, Love & Joy, and Christmas Floral 2
Ink: Rococo Rose
Card stock: Very Vanilla thickSoft Sea Foam, Gold
Accessories: Pearls, Simply Scored, sponge daubers

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Jeanne! Love the colors with the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete