7/05/2019

Die Cuts as the Focal Image

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!  Today I have a quick post that features cards where the main image is a die cut.  There are several companies that have such dies; I am on the design team for one of them - Cottage Cutz.  These cards are from their latest release, Magical Garden.
This card features the Flower Pot House die (without using the house portions) and a sentiment from Paper Artsy.
Using a die cut as the focal image gives a whole different look to a card from the usual stamped image.  It gives dimension and texture even in a card that I would call CAS (like the first one shown.)  Finding the right sentiment for a die image can be very creative.  I often choose my sentiment from a stamp set that has images not even close to the die cut image I'm using.

Most of the die cuts are colored with Distress Oxide inks.  Occasionally, I will use Copic markers to color smaller pieces, but I find I like the texture that DO inks create.

Dies: Cottage Cutz Flower Pot House, clockwise from upper left: 1. Magical Forest, Fairytale Birthdays, Forest Critters, Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles; 2. Sleepy Gnome w/Mushrooms; Stitched Ovals, Spring Mushrooms; Magical Unicorn Dreams; 3. Wishing Well, Stitched Wide Rectangle Frames; 4. Stone Fairy Door, Home Sweet Home Phrase

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I know you used the subtle embossing folder but how did you cut the right side? It's a lovely stitched swirl but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete